After yesterday’s shocking news for Saudi Arabian expatriates. A statement that is like a sigh of relief and relaxation has been given by Saudi Labor Minister Adel Fakeih. Summery of this statement is that. Expatriates should not worry about their future in Saudi Arabia and We (Saudi Govt) didn’t forget you any moment in andy decesion. I have noted following important points from Minister’s today’s statement that is published at Arabnews.com
- Companies in the Kingdom will have time limit until Sept. 7 to achieve a prescribed quota of Saudi employees.
- Saudization violating companies fall into 2 categories.
Yellow : Companies that have not reached Saudization quota levels of employment
Red : Companies that have flouted Saudization rules altogether.
- Yellow category, the visas of their employees, who have spent six years or more, will not be renewed.
- Red category, their foreign employees will not be able to renew their work visas with those companies at all.
- Expatriate workers employed by red and yellow companies that they would be allowed to move to green-category companies.
- Foreign workers who are in Red and Yellow category do not require a no-objection certificate from their employer (Sponsor’s permission) in order to switch jobs.Yellow or red categories will no longer be able to block their foreign workers from switching jobs to companies in the green category.
- There is a chance Nearly 50 percent employees from Yellow & Red categories can be absorbed by the green-category companies.
- For any problems Saudi Labor Minister Adel Fakeih can be reaced via his e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org