If you are looking for a software that rename your files in the way you want, rename them quickly then you must try “A.F.5 Rename your files” software.
I need to rename few of my files but I wanted to add a numbering at the end of exisiting file names, this software did it for me, when I tried it I found there are many other useful features in it.
Here are some examples of what you can do with A.F.5:
- Add a prefix or suffix to your filenames
- Replace a string in your filenames
- Cut characters from your filenames
- Change the extension of your files
- Convert your filenames to uppercase, lowercase, first letter uppercase, …
- Add a counter to your filenames (file01.dat, file02.dat, file03.dat, …)
- Add a file attribute (creation date, file size, …) to your filenames
- Import new filenames from a text file
A.F.5 offers the following easy-to-use functions to build new filenames:
- insert any strings
- extract substrings
- replace strings
- insert counters (numerical and/or alphabetical)
- insert file attributes (size, creation date, …)
- convert to uppercase, lowercase, …
- import filenames
A.F.5 comes with a comprehensive online help and many examples that explain how to use the rename functions.
While building new filenames, the program always gives a preview of the filenames that you will get. But the files are not renamed until you click the Rename button.
- You can undo the last rename action
- Create batch files for DOS with RENAME commands
- Keep a log of all your rename actions
- Assign a default value to every rename function
- Save your favorite rename settings
New features in this release:
- Import filenames from a text file
- You can save an unlimited number of rename settings
- You can use command line parameters to start A.F.5 with files from specified directories
- A.F.5 was completely re-designed to improve its performance when working with a large number of files
To Download visit its website.
To Download directly from here.