100 Questions about The Quran and their answers.
1. What is the meaning of the word ‘Quran’?
Answer : That which is Read.
2. Where was the Quran revealed first?
Answer : In the cave of Hira (Makkah)
3. On which night was the Quran first revealed?
Answer : Lailatul-Qadr (Night of the Power)
4. Who revealed the Quran?
Answer : Allah revealed the Quran
5. Through whom was the Quran revealed?
Answer : Through Angel Jibraeel (Alaihis-Salaam)
6. To whom was the Quran revealed?
Answer : To the last Prophet, Muhammed (Sallahu Alaihi Wasallam)
7. Who took the responsibility of keeping the Quran safe?
Answer : Allah himself
8. What are the conditions for holding or touching the Quran?
Answer : One has to be clean and to be with wudhu (ablution)
9. Which is the book which is read most?
Answer : The Quran
10. What is the topic of the Quran?
Answer : Man
11) What are the other names of the Quran according to the Quran itself?
Answer : A l-Furqaan, Al-Kitaab, Al-Zikr, Al-Noor,Al-Huda
12) How many Makki Surahs (chapters) are there in the Quran?
Answer : 86
13) How many Madani Surahs (chapters) are there in the Quran?
Answer : 28
14) How many Manzils (stages) are there in the Quran?
Answer : 7
15) How many Paara or Juz (parts) are there in the Quran?
Answer : 30
16) How many Surahs (chapters) are there in the Quran?
Answer : 114
17) How many Rukoo (paragraphs) are there in the Quran?
Answer : 540
18) How many Aayaath (verses) are there in the Quran?
Answer : 6666
19) How many times is the word ‘Allah’ repeated in the Quran?
Answer : 2698
20) How many different types of Aayaath (verses) are there in the Quran?
Answer : 10
21) Who is the first ‘Haafiz’ of the Quran?
Answer : Prophet Muhammed (Sallalahu Alaihi Wasallam)
22) At the time of the death of Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) how many Huffaz were there?
Answer : 22
23) How many Aayaath (verses) on Sajda (prostat ion) are there in the Quran?
Answer : 14
24) In which Paara (part) and Surah (chapter) do you find the first verse about Sajda (prostation) ?
Answer : 9th Paara, 7th Chapter-Surah- al-Araaf, Verse 206
25) How many times has the Quran stressed about Salaat or Namaaz (prayer)?
Answer : 700 times
26) How many times has the Quran emphasized on alms or charity?
Answer : 150
27) How many times in the Quran, is the Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) addressed asYaa-Aiyu-Han- Nabi?
Answer : 11 times
28) Where in the Quran has Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) been named ‘Ahmed’?
Answer : Paara 28th, Surah Saff, Ayath 6th
29) How many times has the name of Rasool-ullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) been mentioned in the Quran?
Answer : Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)-4times Ahmed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)-1 time
30) Name the Prophet whose name is mentionedand discussed most in the Quran?
Answer : Moosa (Alahis-Salaam)
31) Who were the Kaathibe-Wahi (copyists of the revelations) of the Quran?
Answer : Abu Bakr (Radhiallahu Anhu), Usman (Radhiallahu Anhu), Ali (Radhiallahu Anhu), Zaid Bin Harith(Radhiallahu Anhu) And Abdullah bin Masood(Radhiallahu Anhu)
32) Who was the first person who counted the Aayaath (verses) of the Quran?
Answer : Ayesha (Radhiallahu Anha)
33) On whose advice did Abu Bakr (Radhiallahu Anhu) decide to compile the Quran?
Answer : Omer Farooq(Radhiallahu Anhu)
34) On whose order was the Quran compiled completely in written form?
Answer : Abu Bakr (Radhiallahu Anhu)
35) Who confined the recitation of the Quran on the style of the Quraysh tribe?
Answer : Usman (Radhiallahu Anhu)
36) Out of the copies of the Quran compiled by Usman (Radhiallahu Anhu), how many and where are they at present?
Answer : Only 2 copies. One in Tashkent and the other in Istanbul.
37) Which Surah of the Quran was Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) reciting while praying, that Hazrat Jabeer Bin Muth’im Listened to and embraced Islam?
Answer : Surah Thoor
38) Which was that Surah of the Quran which the Prophet Muhammed Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) had recited when one of his enemies Utba after listening to it fell in Sajda (prostation) ?
Answer : The first five Ayaaths of Ham-Meem-Sajda
39) Which is the first and the most ancient Mosque according to the Quran?
Answer : Kaaba
40) In Quran mankind is divided into two groups.Which are those two groups?
Answer : Believers and disbelievers
41) Who is the man about whom, Allah has said in the Quran that his body is kept as an admonishing example for future generations to come?
Answer : Fir’aun. (Pharaoh)
42) Besides the body of Pharaoh, what is that thing which is kept as an admonishing example for future generations to come?
Answer : Noah’s Ark.
43) After the wreckage of Prophet Noah’s Ark, which is its place of rest mentioned in theQuran?
Answer : Cave of Judi.
44) In the Quran the name of whic h companion of Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) is mentioned?
Answer : Zaid Bin Harith.
45) Who is the relative of the Prophet Muahmmed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)whose name is mentioned in the Quran?
Answer : Abu Lahab
46) In the Quran there is a mention of a Prophet who has been called by his mother’s name. Who was he?
Answer : Jesus [Prophet Isa (Alahis salaam)] is mentioned as bn Maryam.
47) Which was the agreement that was titled Fath-hum-Mubeen’ without fighting a battle?
Answer : Treaty of Hudaibiya
48) What are the different names used for Satan or Devil in the Quran?
Answer : Iblees and Ash-Shaitaan.
49) Which category of creature does the Quran put ‘Iblees’ into?
Answer : Jinn.
50) What were those worships and prayers that were ordered by Allah to the community of Bani Israeel and which were continued by the Muslim Ummah also?
Answer : Salaat and Zakaat. (Al-Baqarah: 43)
51) The Quran repeatedly warns of a certain day.Can you say which day it is?
Answer : Youmal Qiyamah.(Doomsday)
52) Who were those people with whom Allah was pleased and they were pleased with Him, as mentioned in the Quran?
Answer : Companions of Prophet Muhammed.(Sallallah u Alaihi Wasallam)
53) In which Holy Book of Non-Muslims the Quran mentioned repeatedly?
Answer : In the Holy Book of Sikh Community-Granth Saheb.
54) In which year were the vowels inserted in the Quran?
Answer : 43 Hijri.
55) Who were the first serious students of the Quran?
Answer : As-haabus Suffah.
56) Which is the first Residential University where the faculty of the Quran was established for the first time?
Answer : Masjid-e-Nabvi. [Mosque of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)]
57) By what name did the Quran address those noble and pious people who were selected by Allah to convey His message to mankind?
Answer : Nabi (Prophet) and Rasool (Messenger).
58) What type of a person does the Quran want to make?
Answer : Momin.
59) What is the scale or measure of one’s dignity according to the Quran?
Answer : Thaqwa. (Piety)
60) What according to the Quran is the root cause of the evil?
Answer : Alcohol.
61) What are the two most important types of kinds of Aayaat (Verses)found in the Quran?
Answer : Muhakamaat and muthashabihaath.
62) Which is the longest Surah (Chapter) in the Quran?
Answer : Surah-al-Baqarah.
63) Which is the smallest Surah in the Quran?
Answer : Surah-al-Kausar.
64) What was the age of Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) when Quran was first revealed to him through Jibraeel (Alaihis-salaam) ?
Answer : 40 Years.
65) How long did Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) receive the revelation of the Quran in Makkah?
Answer : 13 Years.
66) How long did Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) receive the revelation of the Quran in Madinah?
Answer : 10 Years.
67) Where was the first Surah revealed?
Answer : In Makkah.
68) Where was the last Surah revealed?
Answer : In Madinah.
69) How many years did it take for the complete revelation of the Quran?
Answer : 22 years,5 months and 14 days.
70) Which Surah(Chapter) of the Quran is to be read compulsorily in each raka’at of the Salaat (Namaaz)?
Answer : Surah-al-Fatihah.
71) Which is the Surah, which Allah taught as a Du’a(Prayer) ?
Answer : Surah-al-Fatihah.
72) What is the reason of keeping Surah-al-Fatihah in the beginning of the Quran?
Answer : It is the door to the Quran
73) What is the Surah (Chapter) revealed completely and found first place in the Quran?
Answer : Surah-al-Fatihah.
74) Who was the only lady whose personal name is found in the Quran?
Answer : Mariam(Alaihis- salaam).
75) In which Surah (Chapter) of the Quran do you find maximum instructions?
Answer : Surah-al-Baqarah.
76) When and Where did the Prophet Muhammed Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and Jibraeel (Alaihis-salaam) meet for the second time?
Answer : On Friday,18th Ramadan,in the Cave of Hira.
77) What was the interval between the first and the second revelation?
Answer : 2 years and six months.
78) Which is the Surah (Chapter) that does start without Bismillah?
Answer : Surah-al-Taubah or Bara’ath.
79) In which Surah (Chapter) of the Quran Bismillah is repeated twice?
Answer : Surah-al Naml.
80) How many Surah (Chapter) in the Quran have the titles named after different Prophets?
Answer : 6 Surahs (Chapters):
81) In which part of the Quran do you find ‘Ayat-ul-Kursi’ (Verse of the Throne)?
Answer : In the beginning of the third Part .(Chapter2-55)
82) How many different names of Allah are mentioned in the Quran?
Answer : 99
83) Who were the three non-prophets whose names are mentioned with due respect in the Quran?
Answer : Luqman,Aziz of Egypt and Zulqarnain.
84) At the time Abu Bakr (Radhiallahu Anhu) how many companions had compiled the Quran in the form of a book?
Answer : 75 companions.
85) Which is that only book which is completely memorized by millions of people in the world?
Answer : Al-Quran.
86) What did the Jinns who heard a few Aayaath Verses) of the Quran say to each other?
Answer : We have heard a unique discourse which shows the right path, verily we believe in it.
87) Which are the most popular translations of the Quran in English?
Answer : Translation by Muhammed Marmaduke Pickthall and by Allama Yusuf Ali.
88) Into how many languages of the world has the Holy Quran been translated?
Answer : Nearly 103 languages.
89) Who was the first translator of the Holy Quran into Urdu?
Answer : Moulana Shah Rafiuddin Muhaddis Dehlavi.
90) What will be our condition on ‘The day of the Judgment’ according to the Quran?
Answer : Everybody will be in a state of anxiety.
91) Who was the Prophet mentioned in the Quran whose three generations were prophets?
Answer : Ibraheem (Alaihis-salaam) .
92) What is that book which abolished all old rules and regulations?
Answer : Al-Quran.
93) What does the Quran say about property and wealth?
Answer : They are tests of one’s faith.
94) According to the Quran who is ‘khaatamun Nabiyyeen’ (the last of the Prophets)?
Answer : Prophet Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)
95) What is the name of the book that tells us clearly about the reality of the beginning and the end of the world?
Answer : Al-Quran.
96) In the Quran what other name is given to the city of Makkah?
Answer : Bakkah and Baladul Ameen.
97) According to the Quran what other name is given to the city of Madinah?
Answer : Yathrib.
98) Whose Generation is known as ‘Bani Israeel’ according to the Quran?
Answer : The generation of Prophet Yaqoob(Alaihis salaam) who is also known as Israeel.
99) Which are the mosques that are mentioned in the Quran
d) Masjid-u l-Aqsa.
e) Masjid Quba.
100) The name of which angels are mentioned in the Quran?
a) Jibraeel Ameen.Alaihis salaam)
b) Meekaeel.(Alaihis salaam)
c) Haroot.(Alaihis salaam)
d) Maroot.(Alaihis salaam)