Dear Brothers, This topic has demanded time from me which is not sufficient to cover it, and I hope you will be able to read it and benefit from it as I intended for it to help the masses in understanding this issue. Allah is the best compensator and from him we seek reward.
The reality is that the woman has suffered a great deal. She has been victimized in every society, and she has grieved in every era. Humanity has never witnessed such deprivation, sorrow, and oppression. In other words, no one has endured more than the woman.
· History of Disgrace
- From the annals of disgrace that humanity has seen is a woman being treated like she was not even human.
- The Greeks said regarding a woman: She is like a poisonous tree and she is evil from the Satan. She may be sold like any merchandise.
- The Romans said: She does not have a soul. They would torture women by pouring boiling oil on them, or dragging them using horses.
- The Chinese said: She is cursed water that washes away good fortune. A Chinese man would have the right to bury his wife alive. If a man were to die his wife would be passed on as inheritance.
- The Indians said: A woman is worse than death, hell, and fire. A woman doesn’t have the right to live after her death, but she was required to be burned along with his corpse.
- The Persians deemed it permissible to marry female relatives without exception. A Persian husband could command his wife to die.
- The Jews said: A woman is a curse because she is the cause of sin and temptation. She is impure during her menses. It is permissible for her father to sell her.
- The Christians: The French held a discussion in the year 568 A.D. some of the issues discussed were; Is a woman a human or not? Does she have soul or not? If she has a soul is it a human soul or an animal soul? And if it is a human soul then is it equal to a man’s soul or is it below a man’s soul?
Finally after deliberation they came to the conclusion that she is human, but she was created to serve man.
- The Parliament at the time of Henry VIII (King of England) decided that it is unlawful for women to read the New Testament (Bible) because she is impure.
- The Arabs before Islam: hated women more than death. They were buried alive or thrown into an abandoned well.
· Freedom of the Woman
Then the Mercy of Allah came to all of humanity with the qualities that changed the horrible history of man, and created a life which humanity had never witnessed in all its civilizations.
Islam came to say:
جاء الإسلام ليقول (( وَلَهُنَّ مِثْلُ الَّذِي عَلَيْهِنَّ بِالْمَعْــــــــــــــــــــــرُوف )) ا
And women shall have rights similar to the rights against them,
جاء الإسلام ليقول ((ٍ وَعَاشِــــــــــــــــرُوهُــنَّ بِالْمَعْــــــــــــــــــــرُوفِ)) ا
live with them on a footing of kindness and equity
جاء الإسلام ليقول (( فَـــلا تَعْضُــــــــــلـُـــــــــــــــــوهُـــــــــــ ـــنَّ )) ا
Nor should ye treat them
جاء الإسلام ليقول (( وَمَتِّعُوهُنَّ عَلَى الْمُوسِعِ قَدَرُهُ وَعَلَى الْمُقْتِرِ قَـدَرُهُ)) ا
(A suitable gift), the wealthy according to his means, and the poor according to his means;- A gift of a reasonable amount is due from those who wish to do the right thing
جاء الإسلام ليقول (( أَسْكِنُوهُنَّ مِنْ حَيْــثُ سَكَنْتُـــــــمْ مِنْ وُجْدِكُــــمْ وَلا تُضَــــــــارُّوهُنَّ لِتُضـــــَيِّقُــوا عَلَيْهِــــــــــــنَّ )) ا
Let the women live in the same style as ye live, according to your means: Annoy them not, so as to restrict them.
جاء الإسلام ليقول (( فَآتُـــوهُنَّ أُجُـــــورَهُنَّ فَــرِيضَـــــــــــــــــــــــة )) ا
give them their dowers (at least) as prescribed
جاء الإسلام ليقول (( وَلِلنِّسَـــــاءِ نَصِيبٌ مِمَّا تَرَكَ الْوَالِدَانِ وَالْأَقْرَبُــونَ )) ا
From what is left by parents and those nearest related there is a share for men and a share for women, whether the property be small or large,-a determinate share.
جاء الإسلام ليقول (( وَلِلنِّسَـــــــــــاءِ نَصِيــــــبٌ مِمَّا اكْتَسَبْــــــــــــنَ )) ا
and to women what they earn:
جاء الإسلام ليقول (( وَآتُوهُـــــمْ مِنْ مَالِ اللَّهِ الَّذِي آتَاكُــــــــــــــــــم )) ا
, give them something yourselves out of the means which Allah has given to you
جاء الإسلام ليقول (( وَأَنْتُـــــــــــــــــمْ لِبَــــــــــــــــاسٌ لَهُـــــــــــــنّ )) ا
and ye are their garments
جاء الإسلام ليقول (( هَـــــؤُلاءِ بَنَـــــاتِي هُنَّ أَطْهَرُ لَكُــــــــــــــــــــمْ )
(Lut said ) O my people! Here are my daughters: they are purer for you (if ye marry! )
جاء الإسلام ليقول (( فَلا تَبْغُـــــــــوا عَلَيْهِــــنَّ سَبِيـــــــــــــــــــــــلاً )) ا
seek not against them Means
جاء الإسلام ليقول (( لا يَحِلُّ لَكُمْ أَنْ تَرِثُوا النِّسَاءَ كَرْهــــــــــــــــــــاً )) .ا
Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will
جاء الإسلام ليقول (( وَلا تَعْضُلُوهُنَّ لِتَذْهَبُوا بِبَعْضِ مَا آتَيْتُمُوهُـــــــــن )) ا
O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness, that ye may Take away part of the dower ye have given them
جاء الإسلام ليقول ((ِ فَإِمْسَاكٌ بِمَعْرُوفٍ أَوْ تَسْرِيحٌ بِإِحْسَـــــــــــــانٍ )) ا
hold Together on equitable terms, or separate with kindness.
The Noble Prophet came to teach the status of women.
The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) was asked who is the most beloved person to you? He replied: “Aishah”.
The Prophet would be brought a gift and he would say “take this to so and so because she was a friend of Khadija’s”.
He said: “Treat women good”.
He said: “The best amongst you is the one who treats his family the best, and I treat my family the best”.
He said: “You (men) are responsible for providing for them (women) in the best way”.
He said: “The most rewarding wealth is the wealth you spend on your family”.
He said: “From the good fortune of the man is a righteous wife”.
From His teachings: “Aishah narrates that the Prophet and I would bathe together”.
He said: “Whatever you spend (on your family) is counted as a good deed even the morsel of food that you place in the mouth of your wife”.
From His teachings: “A woman came to the Prophet and said O’ Prophet of Allah pray for me and my husband. The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) said, May Allah shower His blessings upon you and your husband”.
There is an abundance of evidence that Islam is the true Liberator of women. To further clarify this I will elaborate on how Islam has preserved the rights of a woman since she was a fetus in the womb of her mother till she was laid to rest in her grave.
· Proofs and Verses
- Islam preserved the rights of a woman when she was in the womb of her mother. If a woman is divorced during pregnancy, the father is obligated to support the mother while she carries the baby.
- Islam protected the rights of a woman by not allowing a woman to be punished or incarcerated for a crime while she is pregnant as to not harm the baby. “When the woman from the Ghamidi tribe came to the Prophet and said: Purify me. He told her wait till you deliver your baby.”
- Islam protected the rights of a woman when she is a baby being nursed. When the Ghamidi woman delivered the baby and asked for her punishment the Prophet said: “Go and nurse your child till the child is capable of eating solid food.”
- Islam protected the rights of a woman as an infant by obligating the father to arrange for food and clothing.
- Islam protected the rights of a woman as a child growing up by obligating the father to provide for her by generalizing the responsibility of providing for your children.
- Islam protected the rights of a woman in matters of inheritance regardless of her age.
- Islam protected the rights of a woman in choosing a suitable husband. She has the sole right to accept or refuse a proposal of marriage if she has been previously married. The Prophet has said: “A previously married woman cannot married until she approves.”
- Islam protected the rights of a virgin woman. She cannot be married without her consent. The Prophet has said: “A virgin shall not be married until she is consulted.”
- Islam protected the right of a woman to a dowry when she is wed by obligating the husband to provide it.
- Islam protected the right of a woman to demand a divorce in exchange for something if she no longer wishes to remain with her husband. The Prophet said (to a man whose wife had demanded a divorce) “Accept the garden and divorce her”.
- Islam protected the rights of a woman when she is divorced.
- Islam protected the rights of a woman when she is widowed, by allotting her a portion of the inheritance.
- Islam protected the rights of a woman when she is divorced before consummating the marriage by not obligating her to wait for the prescribed amount of time before she can remarry.
- Islam protected the rights of a woman when she is an orphan by allotting her a portion of the spoils of war, an allowance from the treasury, permitting her to take charity, and encouraging people to help her.
- Islam protected the rights of a woman in her social life, and in her relationship with kith and kin by prohibiting her husband from marrying her sister or aunts.
- Islam protected the rights of a woman regarding her self-respect by prohibiting men from lustfully looking at her.
- Islam protected the rights of a woman by punishing anyone who accuses her of adultery without sufficient evidence.
- Islam protected the rights of a woman if she is a mother by obligating her children to honor and respect her and prohibiting them from speaking back to her disrespectfully.
- Islam protected the rights of a woman when she is breastfeeding her child by obligating the father to compensate her if she wants it.
- Islam protected the rights of a woman when she is pregnant.
- Islam protected the rights of a woman by obligating her husband to provide her housing.
- Islam protected the rights of a woman by exempting her from fasting when she is pregnant or nursing.
- Islam protected the rights of a woman by granting her the right to a will.
- Islam protected the rights of a woman even after death, and this is for men and women, “Harming and abusing the dead is like abusing the living”.
- Islam protected the rights of a woman when she is in her grave. The Prophet said: “It is better for you to sit on burning ambers and your clothes are burned till your skin rather than sitting on a grave”.
The fact of the matter is that I am not capable of fully listing all of the rights of a woman that Islam guarantees.
· Western Society
The question is why has today’s society left civilization? What rights does this society grant women?
I will say this as mildly as I can; western society is solely responsible for killing the nature of a woman and taking away her most basic rights.
The western woman looks to her future like a ghostly killer that she is not capable of fighting. From the time she reaches the age of 16 she is cast out of her house so she can turn her femininity over to the claws of powerful lust to be frivolously exploited amongst men.
She enters into a crowd of delusions of civilization, but in the eyes of people she is degraded by their destructive sights set upon her which will snatch away her innocence.
Bad words are directed towards her like deathblows absent of shame and modesty. Due to which she loses her most valuable quality, with which Allah set her apart, her sweet femininity. That is her grandest quality and the secret to her nature.
She begins to give importance to her financial situation above all else. She is called towards every evil, until she becomes like ordinary merchandise passing through the hands of wretched men for low prices. Once she loses her self-respect and evil becomes common to her than the pursuit of evil becomes easy for her.
Today western society has introduced a poisonous fruit into societies. The first objective is to swiftly diminish a woman’s nature on the grounds of Liberalism, Democracy, and Capitalism.
So, in consequence today’s woman is in worse condition than ever before. They used to kill a woman in days past, but today they have put in such a position that she will destroy herself.
· Confessions of the Enemies
The people have witnessed the corruption of their philosophies.
” ” says: Prohibit intermingling and tighten down on the freedom of young girls. Return to the era of Hijab. This is better for you than the shamelessness of Europe and America.
” ” says addressing young Muslim women: Do not take European families as role models.
The famous actress, Marilyn Monroe wrote some parting advice to young girls before committing suicide. “Beware of glory, beware of those who will entice you with bright lights. I am the most miserable woman on the face of the earth. I was not able to become a mother. I am from a good home. Respectable family life is above all else. The true happiness of a woman is in pure honorable family life. Family life is the key to happiness for not only a woman but also humanity in general. She says at the end: Everyone has done me wrong. Working in the Cinema turns a woman into some cheap worthless merchandise regardless of how much false fame and glory she may receive.”
The author ” Cook” says: Men love intermingling. That is why become engaged in something that is opposite and against their nature. The more intermingling occurs the more illegitimate children there will be. It is no secret how detrimental this is to women. So Fathers, Do not be disillusioned by the few dollars your daughters will be able to earn by working, when the end result is what I have mentioned. Teach them to respect themselves by keeping distance between themselves and men. The more intermingling of the sexes increases the greater the loss and the more severe the results will become. Do you not see that most illegitimate children are born to women who work amongst men and they are the ones presented to men most often. If not for morning after pills and abortion we would be seeing even more illegitimate children. We have reached such a low point that we could not have even imagined it. Today, men will not even accept a woman until she is “experienced”; meaning she has illegitimate children. This is the absolute low point. So, how much does a woman have to experience form the bitterness of life?
Annie Rhode an author says: If our girls worked in the house, even if they had to work like servants, it would be better than them working outside till they were polluted and lose their spirit. Only if our countries were like the Muslim nations with their modesty, honor, and dignity. Hypothetically, if they had to live like they were maids, they would still enjoy a comfortable life. They would be taken care and nothing would threaten her dignity. What is wrong with us that we do not let a young woman do that, which is more suitable to her nature? The heavenly religions have all prescribed the same. And let men deal with their own work.
Egyptian News reported that on Oct. 20, 1972, the annual convention for Woman of the Year was held and women of different backgrounds attended. The topic of discussion was “Freedom of Women and What do Women Want”. A 17 year old young woman with the support of the convention dismissed the disillusion of “Female Liberation”. She said she would like to protect her femininity and she did not want to wear pants and challenge men. She wanted to be a woman and she wanted her husband to be a man. Everyone including the chairwoman of the convention applauded the young lady.
Dr. June Keshler a leading psychologist in Chicago has stated: “90 % of American women suffer from a decrease in desire and arousal. 40% of American men sterility. And that pornography is the main cause of sexual unbalance in American Society.” For more information please refer to American Congress magazine.
- It is evident from what we have discussed that the people who call for the freedom of women from Islamic Principles are of 3 types:
- Enemies of Islam and those who do not have faith in the merciful teachings of Religion. They hold onto their disbelief and there is no sin past that.
- Hypocrites feigning Islam and supporting secularism. They play with people’s faith and are ruthless with one and all.
- Muslims uneducated about Islam and its teachings who do not understand today’s society.
- How will this reach the women of the world, that they are wasting away the essence of life, purpose of existence, key to all happiness, and the secret to bliss and tranquility when they abandon the teachings of Islam.
- Who will tell the women of Islam that non- Muslim women wish they could live their lives according to Islamic Principles.
- Who will convince Muslim women that western society is nothing but an agenda to diminish a woman’s nature.
Lastly, I urge you my brother to share this topic with others, so that the generations may be enlightened
Source of the article: http://www.imanway.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3605